Moil \MOYL\, intransitive verb:
1. To work with painful effort; to labor; to toil; to drudge.
2. To churn or swirl about continuously.
1. Toil; hard work; drudgery.
2. Confusion; turmoil.
Why should he toil and moil, and be at so much trouble to pick himself up out the mud, when, in a little while hence, the strong arm of his Uncle will raise and support him?
-- Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
He saw himself in the sleepless moil of early parenthood, and felt a plunging anxiety.
-- Alan Hollinghurst, The Spell
>> Apr 28, 2010
>> Apr 26, 2010
1. To make a soft, low sighing or rustling sound, as the wind.
1. A soft, low rustling or sighing sound.
At a recent visit to Marsha's grave in Rathdrum, as the wind soughed through the towering pines nearby, Marsha's brother Pat left a silk bluebird by her headstone to honor her love of the outdoors.
-- David Whitman, "Fields of Fire", U.S. News & World Report, September 3, 2001
In the dark of winter, tin roofs sough with rain.
-- Les A. Murray, "Driving Through Sawmill Towns"
This voice she hears in the fields, in the sough of the wind among the trees, when measured and distant sounds fall upon her ears.
-- Ernest Renan, The Poetry of the Celtic Races
Gunfire, cannonade, and the weeping of bereft wives and mothers might fill the air of the disunited states, but the dominant sound in greater Manhattan would be the cheerful sough of money changing hands.
-- Bill Kauffman, "The Blue, The Gray, and Gotham", American Enterprise, July 2000
- Hell :: Fire
- Scott :: Wesley
- Dominion :: territory
- Stunt :: perform
- Cougar :: Puma
- Columbia :: South America
- Gasp :: Breathe
- Cancerous :: Malignant
- Bitty :: Teeny-weeny
- Quit :: Give Up
>> Apr 25, 2010
>> Apr 23, 2010
1. Where are my thoughts? It's scattered, lol!
2. If wishes were horses they're be running so fast, you have to hold on tight.
3. I'd like to see the Eiffel tower in Paris and the Great Wall of China someday .
4. When I was a teen, I thought it's good to be a grown up :D that's why I'm rushing, now I wish I could turn back time and be a teen again, lol!
5. One of my mother's favorite sayings was "if there's a will, there's a way.
6. I'd have a hard time doing without my computer. It's one of
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing my additional online task before going to bed, tomorrow my plans include cleaning up and Sunday, I want to attend the church service early
More fill-ins here!